Andrew Wakefield is a true hero who continues to stand for his values & our children. He deserves to, at least, be heard…
Have you read the original Lancet article? Co-author Walker-Smith was exonerated in UK. Their study was well structured & never claimed the MMR vaccine caused autism. Wakefield was completely railroaded on a bogus charge. Read the article & make your own judgement…
* he wasn’t anti-vax when the study was done.
* he wanted to see MMR separated and taken individually because he felt it was the 3 in 1 aspect that was causing the neurological damage.
* his research was to focus on the gut connection and how vax damaged kids experienced Chrohns-like symptoms. “Was” because they yanked his funding.
If the mainstream media would stop repeating the tired old party lines and research. But that would fly in the face of their biggest backer.
Wakefield’s partner, Walker-Smith, had the funding to appeal.
I remember Wakefield saying in an interview there were 12 Doctors who contributed to the study. They were surprised to find measles present in the gut, where it shouldn’t have been. He was persecuted because he vocalised his concern in a press conference, at that time he wasn’t ant vax just a good Doctor doing his job.
I believe that he found bacteria in the gut of the children brought to him that is present in the mmr
Wakefield questioned something and they really didn’t like that. They made up massive lies about him & effectively shut him up & made a model out of him….this, or worse, is what happens to truth tellers…
I have great respect for ‘discredited’ doctors. Stripped licenses seem to mean they know something the bigwigs don’t want others to know.
Controversial Doctor and Autism Media Channel Director proven right
MMR Vaccine Causes Autism & Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Two landmark events – a government concession in the US Vaccine Court, and a groundbreaking scientific paper – confirm that physician, scientist, and Autism Media Channel [AMC] Director, Dr. Andrew Wakefield, and the parents were right all along.
In a recently published December 13, 2012 vaccine court ruling, hundreds of thousands of dollars were awarded to Ryan Mojabi, [i] whose parents described how “MMR vaccinations,” caused a “severe and debilitating injury to his brain, diagnosed as Autism Spectrum Disorder (‘ASD’).”
Later the same month, the government suffered a second major defeat when young Emily Moller from Houston won compensation following vaccine-related brain injury that, once again, involved MMR and resulted in autism. The cases follow similar successful petitions in the Italian and US courts (including Hannah Poling [ii], Bailey Banks [iii], Misty Hyatt [iv], Kienan Freeman [v], Valentino Bocca [vi], and Julia Grimes [vii]) in which the governments conceded or the court ruled that vaccines had caused brain injury. In turn, this injury led to an ASD diagnosis. MMR vaccine was the common denominator in these cases.
And today, scientists and physicians from Wake Forest University, New York, and Venezuela, reported findings that not only confirm the presence of intestinal disease in children with autism and intestinal symptoms, but also indicate that this disease may be novel. [viii] Using sophisticated laboratory methods Dr. Steve Walker and his colleagues endorsed Wakefield’s original findings by showing molecular changes in the children’s intestinal tissues that were highly distinctive and clearly abnormal.
From 1998 Dr. Wakefield discovered and reported intestinal disease in children with autism. [ix] Based upon the medical histories of the children he linked their disease and their autistic regression to the Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR vaccine). He has since been subjected to relentless personal and professional attacks in the media, and from governments, doctors and the pharmaceutical industry. In the wake of demonstrably false and highly damaging allegations of scientific fraud by British journalist Brian Deer and the British Medical Journal, Dr. Wakefield is pursuing defamation proceedings against them in Texas. [x]
While repeated studies from around the world confirmed Wakefield’s bowel disease in autistic children [xi] and his position that safety studies of the MMR are inadequate, [xii] Dr. Wakefield ’s career has been destroyed by false allegations. Despite this he continues to work tirelessly to help solve the autism catastrophe.
The incidence of autism has rocketed to a risk of around 1 in 25 for children born today. Mean while governments, absent any explanation and fearing loss of public trust, continue to deny the vaccine autism connection despite the concessions in vaccine court.
Speaking from his home in Austin, Texas, Dr. Wakefield said,
There can be very little doubt that vaccines can and do cause autism. In these children, the evidence for a n adverse reaction involving brain injury following the MMR that progresses to an autism diagnosis is compelling. It’s now a question of the body count. The parents’ story was right all along. Governments must stop playing with words while children continue to be damaged . My hope is that recognition of the intestinal disease in these children will lead to the relief of their suffering. This is long , long overdue .”
Dr. Andrew Wakefield is a best selling author, [xi] founder of the autism research non profit Strategic Autism Initiative (SAI), and Director of the Autism Media Channel.
“Identification of Unique Gene Expression Profile in Children with Regressive Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and Ileocolitis” PLOS ONE March 8, 2013, available online at: http://dx.plos.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0058058
[ii] Family to Receive $1.5M+ in First-Ever Vaccine-Autism Court Award September 9, 2010 2:14 PM
[iii] http://www.uscfc.uscourts.gov/sites/default/files/Abell.BANKS.02-0738V.pdf (see footnote 4)
[iv] Vaccine Case: An Exception Or A Precedent? February 11, 2009 3:20 PM CBS News By Sharyl Attkisson
[v] KIENAN FREEMAN RULING CONCERNING “ENTITLEMENT” – September 25, 2003
[vi] MMR: A mother’s victory. The vast majority of doctors say there is no link between the triple jab and autism, but could an Italian court case reignite this controversial debate? By Sue Reid – Daily Mail15 June 2012
[vii] JULIA GRIMES – DECISION AWARDING DAMAGES January 12, 2011
[viii] Walker S., Fortunado J, Krigsman A., Gonzalez L. Identification of Unique Gene Expression Profile in Children with Regressive Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and Ileocolitis
[ix] Wakefield AJ. Callous Disregard: Autism and Vaccines – The Truth Behind a Tragedy. 2010. Skyhorse Publishing, NY, NY. Chapter 1, footnotes 1 & 4, p.20
[x] For Affidavits see www.DrWakefieldJusticeFund.org
[xi] Wakefield AJ. Waging War on the Autistic Child. 2012 Skyhorse Publishing NY, NY. Chapter 2, footnotes 2 11, pp. 255 256
[xii] Jefferson T et al, Unintended events following immunization with MMR: a systematic review. Vaccine 21 (2003) 3954–3960
Here is a list of 28 studies from around the world that support Dr. Wakefield’s research:
- The Journal of Pediatrics November 1999; 135(5):559-63
- The Journal of Pediatrics 2000; 138(3): 366-372
- Journal of Clinical Immunology November 2003; 23(6): 504-517
- Journal of Neuroimmunology 2005
- Brain, Behavior and Immunity 1993; 7: 97-103
- Pediatric Neurology 2003; 28(4): 1-3
- Neuropsychobiology 2005; 51:77-85
- The Journal of Pediatrics May 2005;146(5):605-10
- Autism Insights 2009; 1: 1-11
- Canadian Journal of Gastroenterology February 2009; 23(2): 95-98
- Annals of Clinical Psychiatry 2009:21(3): 148-161
- Journal of Child Neurology June 29, 2009; 000:1-6
- Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders March 2009;39(3):405-13
- Medical Hypotheses August 1998;51:133-144.
- Journal of Child Neurology July 2000; ;15(7):429-35
- Lancet. 1972;2:883–884.
- Journal of Autism and Childhood Schizophrenia January-March 1971;1:48-62
- Journal of Pediatrics March 2001;138:366-372.
- Molecular Psychiatry 2002;7:375-382.
- American Journal of Gastroenterolgy April 2004;598-605.
- Journal of Clinical Immunology November 2003;23:504-517.
- Neuroimmunology April 2006;173(1-2):126-34.
- Prog. Neuropsychopharmacol Biol. Psychiatry December 30 2006;30:1472-1477.
- Clinical Infectious Diseases September 1 2002;35(Suppl 1):S6-S16
- Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 2004;70(11):6459-6465
- Journal of Medical Microbiology October 2005;54:987-991
- Archivos venezolanos de puericultura y pediatría 2006; Vol 69 (1): 19-25.
- Gastroenterology. 2005:128 (Suppl 2);Abstract-303
– See more at: http://healthimpactnews.com/2013/new-published-study-verifies-andrew-wakefields-research-on-autism-again/#sthash.rPW43DDc.dpuf
“We are absolutely delighted with this judgment, which vindicates Professor Walker-Smith. John Walker-Smith was one of the world’s leading gastroenterologists. It was incomprehensible that he should have been threatened with being struck off in the first place.
This judgment calls into question the independence and competence of the GMC, which was determined all along to pursue a witch-hunt against Professor Walker-Smith, Dr. Andrew Wakefield and Professor Simon Murch after they reported their research into the link between bowel disease and regressive autism.”
Throughout the hearings (the longest in GMC history) the GMC deliberately chose to cherry-pick the evidence to suit their prejudice against these doctors, who had always acted in the very best interests of the children they treated.”