In 2010, the pro-life organization wrote to the CEO of Senomyx, Jewish Zionist Kent Snyder, indicating the many ethical and moral choices that can and should be used to test their food additives.
Senomyx’s website says that “the key programs of flavor company focusing on the discovery and development of savory ingredients, candy and other additives intended to reduce the MSG, sugar and salt in food and beverage products (…) “, proclaiming that” (…) using the isolated human taste receptors, we created proprietary test systems based on taste receptors that provide a biochemical or electronic readout when a flavor ingredient interacts with the receptor. ”
Senomyx says its partners will provide funding for research and development, plus on sales of products using their flavor ingredients.
“What is hidden from the public who are using HEK 293 – human embryonic kidney cells taken from an electively aborted baby to produce these receptors,” said Debi Vinnedge, Executive Director of Children of God for Life, a pro-life organization and ethics which monitors the use and amount of aborted fetal material in medical and cosmetic products (per year).
“They could use monkey cells (CON) cells, Chinese hamster ovary cells, insect cells or other human taste receptor, morally obtained, expressing the G protein,” said Vinnedge.
After several requests for information Nestlé finally admitted his relationship with Senomyx, indicating that the cell line was “well established in the scientific research”.
After listening to Ms. Vinnedge in April 2012, exposing the reality of the problem, many consumers-angry citizens began to express their condemnation of such immorality through letters to companies. Campbell Soup and PepsiCo responded immediately.
Pepsi was one of the companies with Monsanto contributed money in the campaign against GM labeling.
Surprisingly, Pepsico wrote: “We expect to feel safe knowing that our collaboration with Senomyx is strictly limited to the creation of drinks with lower calorie and great taste for consumers. This cooperation will help us achieve our commitment to reduce sugar by 25% in key brands and the main markets of the next decade, eventually, we help people live healthier lives. “Read the article: – Coca Cola and Pepsi cause cancer –
The Campbell Soup corporation was a little concerned about the answer: “Every effort will be made to use the best ingredients and develop the largest selection of products, providing a great value. With this in mind, I must say that it is not worth compromising the trust we have grown and developed over the years with our customers to reduce costs or increase profit margins. ”
Although Campbell said not change their methods, Vinnedge felt hope.
“If enough people express their outrage and their intention to boycott these consumer products, Senomyx it could be forced to change their methods,” he said.
Click here to read the original letters of response Pepsico, Nestle and Campbell Soup (Letter 1, 2, 3)
Need evidence on the use of fetal cell lines from aborted babies Senomyx?
This is the link online for your patent in the sweet receptors (several separate patents were filed for every taste receptor). As is long and technical, we recommend doing a search on the document for HEK-293.
HEK (human embryonic kidney cells 293), also known as HEK 293, 293, or less precisely as HEK cells. They are a specific cell line originally obtained from human embryonic kidney cells, and cultured in a laboratory (tissue culture). HEK 293 cells are very easy to grow and easy to transfect, which were widely used in cell biology research for many years. They are also used by the biotech industry to produce therapeutic proteins and viruses for gene therapy.
A list of products containing HEK cells.
- All soft drinks and Pepsi
- All drinks Sierra Mist
- All drinks Mountain Dew
- All the en Beer Mug Root Beer (Pepsi)
- Drinks No Fear
- Drinks Ocean Spray
- Seattle’s Best Coffee
- All drinks Tazo
- All brands of “Energy Drink”
- Aquafina Water
- Aquafina Water saborizas
- Lipton tea and other beverages
- Party Miranda
All products of Nestle
- Including coffee creamers, instant soups Maggi bouillon cubes, ketchup, sauces, instant noodles soup.
Kraft – Cadbury Adams LLC Products:
- Black Jack
- Freshen Up Gum
- Sour Cherry Gum
- Sour Apple Gum
Cadbury Adams LLC Candies
- Sour Cherry Blasters
- Fruit Mania
- Bassett’s Liquorice
- Maynards Wine Gum
- Swedish Fish
- Swedish Berries
- Juicy Squirts
- Original Gummies
- Fuzzy Peach
- Sour Chillers
- Sour Patch Kids
- Mini Fruit Gums
Other Cadbury Adams LLC
This company produces anti-wrinkle creams containing cells of aborted babies of 14 weeks gestation. Here is a list of creams, although a boycott is recommended for all products Neocutis.
Journee Bio-Gel Prevedem
Bio Restorative Skin Cream
Vaccines having HEK cells and their manufacturers:
MMR II (Merck)
ProQuad (MMR + varicella – Merck)
Varivax (Varicella – Merck)
Pentacel (DTaP Polio + Hib + – Sanofi Pasteur)
Vaqta (Hepatitis-A – Merck)
Havrix (Hepatitis-A – Glaxo SmithKline)
Twinrix (Hepatitis-A and B combo – Glaxo)
Zostavax (Shingles – Merck)
Imovax (Rabia – Sanofi Pasteur)
Pulmozyme (cystic fibrosis – Genetech)
Enbrel (rheumatoid arthritis – Amgen)
- The biotech company Senomyx creates novel flavor enhancing compounds for the processed food industry in order to make foods and beverages that taste good while reducing sugar and salt content. Customers include Pepsi Co., Ajinomoto Co. (the maker of aspartame and meat glue), Nestlé and others
- The genetically engineered flavor enhancers work by triggering taste receptors on your tongue, effectively tricking your taste buds into sensing sweetness, saltiness, or “coolness”
- Senomyx has created a taste testing system that provides scientists with biochemical responses and electronic readouts when a flavor ingredient interacts with their patented receptor, letting them know whether or not they’ve “hit the mark” in terms of flavor. This process uses human kidney cells originating from an electively aborted human fetus
- These fetal kidney cells (HEK293) have been cloned for decades, as they offer a reliable way to produce new proteins using genetic engineering. Senomyx has engineered HEK293 cells to function like human taste receptor cells
- Flavor enhancers do not need to be listed on food labels, falling instead under the generic category of artificial and/or natural flavors